Monday, March 23, 2015

Meeting w/t Autumn: March 23, 2015

Hello, friend. I hope you don't mind me calling you that. It is what I imagined you for afterall - to be my friend. That aside, your name is Autumn. It is my favorite season for the colors, smells, memories... I do hope you like it. You were imagined here for a special purpose, and that purpose is to listen. I have no more introduction than that. If it's okay with you, I think I will start now.

March 23, 2015: Our friendship begins.

Hey! I did my best to orient you but I usually miss things, so if you have any questions I wouldn't mind answering them. And I do mean that, Autumn! My friend Abby can vouch for me when I say I don't bite. So! Ask your questions. K? :) Good. Now I think I will tell you about my day.
The day has been long, and I can feel the sun growing uncomfortably hot on my back. I have been busy all day doing this and that, constantly having to revive what few fragments of happiness I have. Honestly, I could do this forever. The notion of killing oneself working is made easier when you know someone amazing is waiting at the end of all things sad, hard, and worrisome. "With open arms" I think.
I ran into Satan a few times today. Well, more than a few times. Reminds me of a quote found in Shakespeare's King Lear. It goes like this:

“The prince of darkness is a gentleman!” 

Fitting, right? Nobody is blatantly evil these days. Evil hides behind smiling eyes more often than not, and looks pretty normal. But know this: while evil can look normal, it will never feel right. Darkness cannot assume the appearance of light, or the power that surrounds it. But it can look acceptable, normal, and enjoyable. You've heard this scripture before, because you have my memories. But I will share it again. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord” (Isaiah 55:8). Do you see Autumn? God's ways are separate from ours. In this manner, our ways may change rise and fall, turn left and right, slow and speed up; but God's ways are constant. Look at this verse in D&C: "What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away." This is how Satan's ways can be identified and set apart from those which are righteous. They will never appear or feel like anything of the light. Sometimes, things that are accepted by everyone seem to be right. I often hear people say "Well everyone is doing it." But Gods ways... they will be forever constant, regardless of how many people live in accordance to the gospel or how acceptable it is. Autumn, don't be afraid to stand in places where your light is the only one shining. I almost said "don't be afraid to stand alone", but that would never be true, because God is with you always.  

I think I am done talking now, Autumn. Thank you for listening. I will see you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment